Saturday, April 9, 2011

Apparently

... I've got some crazy subconcious brain block going on. I haven't been able to write a decent song since December. I'm ok with making good piano chord progressions and melodies, but I can't find words. I can't find what I want to make it all pretty and rhyming. The problem is that every time I attempt to write some form of lyrics down, all of my jumbled thoughts come rushing forward, all crowding into each other, subsequently blocking the passage of any of the thoughts. It's incredibly frustrating. I have a theory that I have to spend some time clearing my brain first, and find some inspiration. That's actually the biggest problem, inspiration. I keep thinking I have enough to write about, and I think I do, but nothing comes as I try to summon words to describe it. Tonight, sitting at the piano, I started 3 songs. And each time after writing only one stanza, I would decide that I hate the song and give up. So now I'm left with two options: I can either try forcing myself to sit in front of the piano every day trying to write a song, or let inspiration find me without trying. Honestly, the latter feels like the better option at this point. Maybe if I just start by writing words down, something will eventually enter my brain that's worth forming into a song. It's just frustrating because this used to come so naturally. And it's like I've lost it. Can all lost things be found again?

No comments:

Post a Comment