Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Being Away From Home

... has its upsides and downsides. I've learned that on my vacation away from home so far. Don't get me wrong : I've had a really great time with my mom and my sister, but I miss home already... and it's only been two days.
Now, I'm not only missing home for two days : I know that I still have until next Sunday to miss home. I get to come back for tonight, but then I'm off again to another mystical land of fairies and unicorns.
It's interesting to have a change of scenery for sure. I got to visit a really beautiful beach for which we had the perfect summer day. My skin tanned more, and I got to feel the freshness of the super clear water, and also gotten to eat some DELICIOUS food. It's been a lot of fun, but I miss home.
My summer so far has been really routine oriented. On a regular day with no particular plans (except for maybe seeing my boyfriend in the evening) I'd get up around 9am, have breakfast, go for a powerwalk, have a shower, eat lunch... and the rest of the afternoon was free. It's peaceful. It sounds boring to some people I suppose, and sometimes it is, but it's relaxing. Spending a whole ten months stressing about grades, social life and work really makes you appreciate nothingness a whole lot more. Doing nothing has never been so great in my life.
I've felt really self-concious when people would ask me what I was doing this summer. While people were going on super extravagant trips and camps and working at a cool summer job, I was here. Here, doing my little routine, not going anywhere in particular. And at that, only working one day a week (let's just say I'd rather be in math class every day than at my job).
But you know what ? Welcome to my summer VACATION. My family didn't plan to go anywhere (which, I would appreciate, but apparently SOME people in my family don't like to travel, so I've learned to accept it) except for where I am now, 3 hours away for two days. And I didn't choose to work more than one day a week for two reasons :
1) The money I get from that is enough to sustain me this summer.
2) I worked my ass off all year balancing everything, including my job, just to live. So I am done being stressed.

I think I'd just rather take it day by day, and make some spontaneous plans with my boyfriend and friends.

Wow. I can't believe it's nearly the end of July already.

Oh well, still have August.


Well, as lame as I am.

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment