Monday, July 12, 2010

Dream Me

... has a story.


There couldn't be any other way. I knew I belonged with James. I could never doubt the love I felt for this man, and never doubt the love he felt for me. We were perfect together: physically, intellecutally, emotionally.
But I knew something was getting in the way, and I only recently came to the following conclusion. It was someone getting in the way.
I had known Henry for only about a year. We have had so many great times together, and shared so many common interests. All interests except in each other, which eventually, I had been wrong about.
As I stared into Henry's eyes that cloudy afternoon, I could only think about the mistake I was making. I knew I loved James more; I didn't even love Henry. But something about those moments where I was kissing him felt so right. The feelings for Henry were unimaginable. The more we kissed the stronger the feelings got and I couldn't let him go.
But I knew my truth. I love James. He is the reason that I believe in true love. I had to let Henry go. And in a way, I had let part of myself go. The part of me that is doubt. Henry was my doubt for my relationship with James, walking away from me. It hurt so much to let him go, and I wished nothing had changed. But he walked. He walked away.
I returned to James soon after. He stood in the doorway before me, just staring. He stared as if he knew. We didn't say anything for awhile.
James wasn't angry. It was as if he knew what Henry had meant to me; had meant to our relationship. He knew Henry had been my doubt. But now, I was free of Henry, therefore free of any doubt. I had experienced my temptation, and had gained nothing from it.
James took me into his arms. He gazed upon me with his sky blue eyes.

In that moment, I finally understood the meaning of forever.





So, that wasn't a real blog posting.. but I didn't have anything to write about, so I decided to adapt the dream I had to a mini short story-ish... like taking on a different character.

Let me just say, my relationship is NOT in trouble. I think I had this dream because at that point, I hadn't talked to him in like.. three days.

Oh god, I need a life.


As especially lame as I am.

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment