Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Love Lost is Love Found

... doesn't really make sense until you really think about it. Or you've experienced it. For example, if you find a guy/girl you really like, and things are going well. So well, that you seem to invest so much time in this person, in hope of getting something in return. Then you discover the heart breaking moment when : 1) she/he already has a mate 2) they just want to be friends 3) she/he is just not that into you.

It sucks... a lot. And it can cause major romantic life set backs. Before I was in a relationship, I was pretty sure I was going to be a nun for the rest of my life. VIRGN4EVA. After getting rejected by the last guy, I was pretty sure that there was no one else out there. (I was wrong, of course.)

But anyway, what I mean by the title is that sometimes you have to get rejected by all of these people in order to actually find the one. Obviously, if there is someone that you are definitely supposed to be with forever, then you can't spend too much time on anybody else. It's really just a process of elimination.

So, if you're one of those people that roll your eyes at couples PDA-ing (like my friends told me they do, because they are jealous .. and this was self-proclaimed by them) , don't give up hope. There is someone out there who is going to love every square inch of your soul.



My second topic, which I suppose kind of relates.. in a way... is a question I've been thinking about.



What's easier : falling in love, or falling out of love?



It depends. At first, there can be obvious choices, as I had thought. But then it's different if you apply it to particular situations. For example, it's difficult to force yourself to fall in love with someone you want to love. The feeling of true love cannot be forced, no matter how much you want it to.

And, on the other hand, trying to fall out of love is difficult, in the situation where you're trying to get over someone. If you're in love still and that other person breaks it off, how are you supposed to deal with that? Especially if you were so sure of them.

In my opinion, both are really difficult situations. It's sad, especially for the other person when they love you, when you're trying your best to love them. And then it's sad again when you have to see the person you love not love you.



My beautifully wise friend once told me something about love. He said that you're truly in love with someone under three conditions :



1) You'd be okay without anyone else but this someone forever.

2) You'd marry this someone.

3) You'd die for this someone.



Is he right? I like to think so. I guess it's about how much you can sacrifice for the one you love.



Who knows. All I know is it's best to wait for the one you truly love, so that you can be in love forever.

Well, as lame as I am.


- K

1 comment: