Monday, August 2, 2010

Acceptance

... of the things I can't change is necessary to keep my head on straight.

I'm really glad I realized this before I totally went insane. Sometimes, it just is what it is. I had to learn this the hard way through one mind racking week, imagining scenarios in my little girl head that just made me more upset than I already was.

So, we didn't talk for a week despite my efforts of communication. I kept myself totally occupied so the painful thoughts of him not seeming to care didn't seep in... but they always did, eventually.
Obviously, I seriously over analyzed everything, like I always do. I made up severely ridiculous theories like he was going to break up with me, or he thought I was just a convenience or something.

Surprisingly, it only took one rational conversation with him to calm my shit. He loves me still and cares about me, even if he didn't call. It's just not his thing, and I guess he thought I got that.

I suppose I do now, though. Well, I'm trying to accept it... it's all I can do. I know people say it all of the time, that there are so many things in life that we can't change and we have to accept. But these people are right: to be happier, you just change what you can and accept what you can't change.

It really applies to everything... making the best of the situation. This summer, I had no big plans for vacations.. but I just do little day to day things. Just do what you can, and you can always still have fun and be happy.

Oh, what a week can do. It's weird, having a new understanding just from a small event if your life.

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS, MAKE LEMONADE , KIDS !

Lame.


I am so lame, it's great.

Well, as lame as I am.

- K

2 comments: