Friday, August 20, 2010

Time to Wake Up

... and realize you're going to be obligated to get out of bed before noon starting in about two weeks (18 days) because the big S is coming. That's right children: school.

Most people, including myself, just cringe at the prospect of school. We are reminded of the books, the pencils, the schoolwork, the homework, the tests and exams, and the hell that pertains to the constant stress of the student of today.
But, we are also reminded of the good things: seeing friends every day, school sports and clubs, extracirriculars, and the general routine of it all. Personally, the one thing I enjoy about the period between September and July is there's most often something to do at all times. Sometimes summer makes me feel like I'm rotting, and I should really do something productive.

The beginning of school is also the perfect time to change. What are you going to change this year, if anything? Some people might start actually getting serious at school, pledging to actually complete homework and study for every single quiz, exam and test. Some people might be starting a new job for the school year, finally having access to their own money and gaining new skills. And some people might be looking for some new relationships, either romantic or friendship, or both.

I know for sure that it was time to change in my life. I feel like at my age, it's time to start growing up and thinking about my future. My grades are going to count more than ever before, and I also have to start planning financially for university.
A part of me is scared to no end about the future. So much is happening so quickly, and life is changning without my control. But, I always have to remind myself that as long as I keep up with everything, I should survive. I should survive my new courses, extracirriculars, and my new job. Wish me luck.

Think about the changes you can make this year, and actually stick to the promises you make yourself. Set goals, perhaps? Trust me that organization will make your year so much better.

We are all going to have trouble letting go of long summer days and all of the fun we have. But at least we have all of the wonderful memories to hold on to... I know I do.

Thank you to everyone who made my summer the best it has ever been!


Take a deep breath and prepare yourself.

It's time to wake up.


Well, as lame as I am.


- K

No comments:

Post a Comment