Sunday, August 8, 2010

Now Baby I Believe This is Real

... is a line from the chorus of "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry, a new song that I'm obsessed with. Now usually I hate Katy Perry's music, but suddenly this, and California Gurls, have started to grow on me.

So, this song kind of inspired me to write. How I'm interpreting this song is that there is a young love that is almost every teenager dreams about. The line "You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream", and I guess this teenage dream is one where teens fall in love and things are happy and they work out.
I like how this song embraces the naivety of our kind: the teenagers. The lines like "You think I'm pretty without any make up on" or "Imma get your heart racing in my skin tight jeans" are something only a teenager would think. I believe these lines represent the mind of a teenager perfectly : we are old enough to think these thoughts, unlike children, though young enough to think these simple thoughts.

Us, as teens, are in this amazing stage of life where our minds can be so open to anything, and it's difficult for us to be realistic. We can dream of this plans to take us somewhere in life and believe that we really have everything worked out. Even though we really don't, most of the time.

But no one should stop us from our dreams because we are too young. Seriously, reach for the seemingly impossible. If we are going to make mistakes, it should be now, when we can. And when is the next time we're going to have time to think of these incredible thoughts, let alone have the time to live them out? We have time to day dream and imagine.

What are you day-dreaming?

As usual, I'm thinking about the future that I think I have figured out. I'm thinking about being a nurse or a doctor. I'm thinking about living in a really pretty and big house. I'm thinking about being with him forever. I'm thinking about the places I want to go. I'm thinking about what everyone else is going to do.

Make a wish now, because shooting stars don't last that long.


Well, as lame as I am.

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment