Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Appreciation For the Small Things

...is something people, including myself, lack sometimes. People think they need elaborate plans and metaphysical decorations in life. Today, it was raining (and still is)... but I thought I'd stand in it. Have you ever just felt the rain? It smells really good. I like to do stuff like that a lot... and try to close my mind off to anything else going on around me. Close my eyes. Deep breath in. Nothing else matters in that moment. It's kind of cliche like yoga style... but I think we could take more time to do it. Trying to absorb everything about a special moment is what it's all about. Honestly, I believe the meaning to life is based on the small moments. If you look at the big picture too much and only think about the future, you get lost in the mosaic pieces of life. JUST HOLD YOUR FRIKIN HORSES... and listen to the rain.
Wow, profound much? Maybe not. Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about... it was just kind of a random inspiration after a good day with my sister and mother.

Well, as lame as I am.

- K

1 comment: