Thursday, June 3, 2010

True Love

... is something that's not often found, but treasured when it is. Or at least it should be. Even the best couples can sometimes treat each other like crap. But that's not the point.
Today, I was talking to my lovely friend Marissa, and I asked her something. I asked her, "Do you think people can have more than one soul mate, or are there multiple ones out there?". She began to tell me that she believes that people can belong with more than one person, and even have more than one soul mate. It would be varying levels of love, and different types of love. I only agree with her on one point, which is that there are different types of love. Obviously, what people feel is different for everyone.
But something about there being one person absolutely perfect for you makes me feel happy. It's almost magical (sorry for the lame cliche). Think about it this way: if our souls are created (by whatever you believe in... God, Allah, the wind) like puzzle pieces, then maybe everyone has a corresponding puzzle piece (and as Marissa pointed out, the girls would have the indent section where the boys would connect their protruding section... make sense?). And everyone may not find that special someone, and settle for whoever they fall in love with. Which isn't always a bad thing, since you would still be in love. But maybe, whether you know it or not, your perfect mate is out there. And who knows, maybe you two weren't even put in the same time era. I think it's something incredible for two people to find their absolute perfect match, no matter what age, circumstance... You'd never really know if you were meant to be with someone you let go, which is sad. But I guess the point is that you end up happy with whoever you're with.
And I quote: "If you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the one you're with."

And if you think you found your puzzle piece, don't let anything take them away. It might just ruin the whole picture.

Well, as lame, and apparently hopelessly romantic as I am.

- K

3 comments:

  1. I like to think that I was a black Jazz musician from the 40's in a past life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think I was zaboomafoo.

    PS. hi :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooooooow, a little anti-homo here, I see. No big deal Kristen, wow. :P

    ReplyDelete