Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Prospect

... of summer is something to hold on to, and has helped me get through these exams that have raked me through the coals. I feel like summer can be the savior.
What do I expect summer to be? I guess I'd be basing the answer to that question on past summers and my favourite things about them. For example, staying up late watching movies, knowing I can sleep in the next day. I also love going to the pool with my sister, where it can just be spontaneous. Summer is a day-by-day thing... I think that's what is so peaceful about it.
Also, people look forward to vacations to new and exotic places. Europe, Asia, United States (they're pretty exotic there..). But I think the best vacation to take is a soul vacation.
What is this, you ask? Well, basically, taking a day totally for yourself. It seems simple enough, but a real soul vacation includes some sacrifices, like totally cutting yourself off from the internet world (including facebook, twitter, formspring [what the hell is this anyway?] and even from reading this blog). Your soul vacation is about you and your mind... you might learn a thing or two about yourself. And summer is the best time to do this, because you can go outside for a walk and enjoy the surrounding weather, and because you don't have any school work or other activities. Does anyone else do this? I do sometimes.
This is also the first summer that I have a boyfriend. I've been picturing all of the things we can do together, and obviously, I'm very much looking forward to that. There's that sense of spontaneity again, where we could hang out whenever. But the thing is... how much are we supposed to hang out?I mean, if I had it my way, I'd see him every day. But that's unrealistic, because we both have other things to do.. and I wouldn't want to get sick of him. Not saying I could... I never have, but you never know.
So I put a negative spin on that. I was thinking of erasing it, but I guess it's the truth. But I don't think I could get sick of him. We're going to have a really amazing summer together.

If you don't have any trips planned for far away, don't spend your summer wishing that you did. Summer at home doesn't have to be boring and horrible if you don't let it. Do some creative thinking and entertain yourself.

Summer
is
almost
here.

Well, as lame as I am.

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment