Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Bad Day

... usually has specific components that award its title. There are small, bad things that happen all at once, which are usually manageable when they don't accumulate in 24hrs.
I don't usually have bad days; it's difficult to define a bad day, most of the time. Nothing serious happened... I guess it was just small things that all happened on the same day, which accumulated to one big, fat, ugly day. A rainy day. A working day. A lonely day. A day of desire but not obtaining. I hate those days.
I guess I'm not here to complain about it... just analyze it so I can prevent bad days in the future. Someone wise told me that a day only becomes bad when you think to yourself, "Today is a bad day." Apparently, you can always turn it around.
Maybe, once in awhile, we need a bad day. It kind of makes you realize the small things that make you happy. Like, for example, a towel. If you were having a bad day, as in it's raining, and you forget your umbrella, and a car drives through a puddle parallel to you and splashes a crap load of water all over your new shirt... a simple towel is going to seem like gold. Take also a hug. You probably get a hug every day. But after a bad day, as in getting a bad mark in math, getting in a fight with your friend, dropping a chocolate chip cookie you were looking forward to and getting yelled at by a teacher, a hug from Mom is going to feel 10x more comforting.

Bad Days are good. But not every day should be a bad day. If something crappy happens, sometimes you just have to move on. Laugh it off, even. Maybe doing that will turn your day around.

On a side note, my day was bad partially due to the fact I barely saw someone who is very special to me. It made me sad.
So, special person, I miss you.
Just thought I'd let you know.

That's kind of sad.. but this day is bad enough. So I'll try to end on a happier note.

Uhm.... puppies?

Oh well. I hold onto the fact that summer is coming soon. LOVESUNFRIENDSHOTGRASSBEACHESPOOLSLATENIGHTSSTARSICECREAMSANDALS

And RRREEELLLAAAXXXAAATTTIIIOOONNN.

And the absence of a teacher I HIGHLY dislike.

Well, as lame as I am.

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment