Monday, June 7, 2010

Nothing

... is ever as it seems. I know many have heard it before, and maybe don't take it seriously. It's weird, this year I've had so many experiences where I've learned things about people I never thought possible. So many secrets.
It's really a surprise what some people have been through. You think you have your own problems that only you deal with... but the truth is, there are so many people who are going through the same crap. I think it would be helpful if we all just talked about it.
What if we lived with no secrets? What if we all knew everything? This could make things better. Most people suffer in silence with whatever they're dealing with, often making it much worse. And by the time the truth finally comes out, it's already been so long.
What kind of things am I talking about? I guess they can range from hardly noticeable things to really severe. Some people have a secret reason for being mean and inconsiderate. Or some people who seem like they have it all don't take it for granted while most people see them as snobby because of what they have. There are some things that we all hear about, but never really associate with the people that surround us. Mental illness, being a huge part, along with everything it brings. Depression. Self injury. Eating Disorders. Alcoholism. Abuse of drugs. Mood disorders. There are so many effects it has on people, and while it's right infront of our faces, we often can't see it.
I've learned so many secrets that having a secret has almost become the norm, in my world. In other happier, more sheltered worlds, people don't deal with this. It just depends on the people you're exposed to.
I don't regret any type of exposure I've had, within myself, or anyone around me. I think it makes for a better perspective on life, and it's kind of comforting, in a way.
Telling people is a way to solve these problems.

It's so easy to minimize the silent suffering if we all just stood up and said it.

Say it. I dare you.


Sometimes the prettiest person is actually really ugly.
Sometimes the dumbest people just don't know how to express their brilliance.
Sometimes the meanest people are actually nice and just compensating for something.
Sometimes the quietest people just want to scream.
Sometimes the pessimists are just afraid to be hopeful.
Sometimes the most hopeful people have lost it all.
Sometimes the happiest person is covering their sadness.

So open your eyes.



Well, as lame as I am.

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment