Friday, June 25, 2010

Stop Stop Stop

... telling these things to yourself.
"I'm fat."
"I'm ugly."
"No one will ever love me."
"I can't wear this because my stomach hangs over."
"I wish I looked like someone else."

It's so typical for someone to tell you to stop thinking these negative thoughts. But I think it's something you need to do.
Just going shopping is a horrible self-deprecating affair. I love my girls, and I wish they could love themselves that way too. They're confident and beautiful, but still they take away from themselves.
All I know is that it's not worth it to point out your faults. Honestly, I've been too low to deal with self-hate any more, so I've been trying to give it up. Obivously, I still do it... but it's a habit that should be worked at.
So, a group of girls gather around a mirror (I don't know, do guys do this too?) And all they do is point out their faults to each other. Chances are, no body else notices what you notice in yourself. How? Well, I don't know if you've noticed, but you're with yourself 24hrs a day, and you have the brain space to think about yourself in this time.

NO ONE NOTICES ________________ ( enter supposed fault here)

So believe it.

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. THERE IS SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU. LET THEM LOVE YOU.

You can only be truly loved if you truly love yourself.

Love you.

Well, as lame as I am.

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment