Monday, June 14, 2010

Liars

... are everywhere, whether you realize it or not. You're a liar. I'm a liar. We all lie to each other, for a variety of reasons.
Because of this variety, it's hard to decide whether or not lying is a bad thing. In some contexts, it is quite useful for avoiding some painfully awkward situations. But in others, lies are earth shattering.
I've lied a lot to get out of things I didn't want to do. They've been lies that don't directly hurt other people, or things... I guess just an inconvenience? For example, once, I didn't want to go to this girl's party, so I lied and said I had something to do that day. No one is really hurt by this... the girl having the party just missed my absence (except not really because she had 20 other friends to comfort her) . So that way, lying is okay. Also, I think it's okay to lie if someone has a terrible hair cut.. but you're nice enough to say it looks awesome. It's a beneficial lie, because the person you complimented just had an ego boost, and they like you, and you're happy because they like you (for the most part, anyway) .
But some people just ... lie. One thing that makes me soo angry are people who pretend to like other people, while really they hate them and talk crap about them behind their back. Seriously? Grow up. If you hate me, tell me to my face. Don't spread stupid rumors about me, don't hurt me and tell me you're kidding. Don't give me false hope. Let me accept the fact that I'm not accepted.
(I reread this after and I want to clarify one point : you can not like someone, and a solution is not to talk to them... I guess if you're not doing anything to hurt them, you don't have to say it to their face).
I've been backstabbed before. I was young, so it really made it hard to trust people in the future. And now I know someone who is going through the same thing (and I'm not supposed to know) and I wish I could say "DUMP THOSE LYING LITTLE BITCHES. IF THEY LIE TO YOU AND HURT YOU, THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS."

I feel very fortunate to have my friends. All of this drama is such crap. I know a lot of people lie and hurt others because they are insecure... but these people need to get over themselves and try to invest their time in something other than lying.

Why can't we all just be friends?

I'm glad I've found real friends.
You know who you are .

Well, as lame as I am.

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment