Saturday, June 5, 2010

Getting Away With it

... feels really good. Great, even. Satisfying. Rebellious. Wild. Free. Relieving. Those are some of the words I can put to it.
Sometimes, you just have to live a little. In this life, we are told to live by all of the rules honestly. Be home by curfew. Don't drink. Don't smoke. So, we all have some morals. But wouldn't you do it if you weren't going to get caught?
I guess a line has to be drawn somewhere though. For example, you can't just go out and murder someone and get away with it. But sometimes, someone needs to get their ass kicked to know what's good for them. See, if someone is being a total jerk and even physically assaults others themself, then it should be legally and karmically okay for some other hero to go beat them up. In my opinion, anyway... I'm not advocating violence or something like a crazy person...
Also, sometimes you need to make the mistake yourself to know it's wrong. I think many teens find this with drinking. They get absolutely piss drunk one time, and nothing happens. They get absolutely piss drunk again, and they can't remember anything, get robbed, their house gets trashed, they can't walk straight, they puke their whole intestinal track and get busted by their parents. Would that person ever want to be in the vicinity of alcohol again? Nope. Lesson learned.
Though, I thoroughly believe that teens should do something crazy, at LEAST once before the dreaded adulthood. Everything is going to have risks, but sometimes, it's worth it. For example, sneaking out, just to say you did. Or sleeping over at a boy's house... because you want to. Or skinny dipping in peoples' pools all around the neighbourhood (apparently, it's a good time). Just do something. Seriously. Or else, you might regret it.

A famous someone once said: "I don't regret the things I did; I only regret the things I didn't do."

I don't remember who that was, but I guess they can be considered clever and wise on some level.

Well, as lame as I am.

- K

2 comments: